Unlike many of our competitors, we do not “shop your company to everyone” or discuss your growth strategies in a manner that results in your losing control in the process. Most important, your competitors don’t find out what you are doing. We do not mass email your company name to low-level intake employees. We place our businesses ourselves by working confidentially to identify logical solutions, and we work directly with the actual prospective decision maker. This is why our success rate is so high.
Also, our execution expertise and streamlined transaction process generates competition among buyers and investors. This approach allows clients to evaluate all of their options simultaneously, remaining confident that they have achieved the highest price and most favorable terms.
We combine our transaction experience, knowledge of the middle market, in-depth research capabilities and broad network of relationships to provide the highest level of merger and acquisition sell-side advice.
As investment bankers, investors and operators, our combined experience spans the whole energy value chain.
Many business owners ask, “What is my company worth?” Before committing to a sale, merger or an investment, owners want to establish a reasonable range of corporate valuation.
We assist clients in raising external capital primarily for funding growth opportunities or strategic acquisitions.
Every business owner needs to understand the value of his business, including the various value enhancers and detractors. Further, a key element in any transaction is knowing the value of the business based on current market dynamics.
We work closely with lenders to determine the best course of action for particular problem loans or portfolio of distressed loans.
Quite often, our firm is called upon to act as an advisor for our middle market clients on their strategic growth options.
Evaluation Services – we offer a customized suite of portfolio evaluation and exit services.
We assist lenders with systematically and objectively assessing what could be done better and what the implications are for their go-forward strategy.
We develop a specific go-forward strategy and amass lenders who put in place disciplined new business programs designed to take advantage of the attractive current credit market.
We provide careful representation at every stage of your transaction. Targeting the best partner for you is our chief concern, and our years of experience have taught us that successful deals result from understanding how buyers and sellers react in the marketplace. Our expertise relies on solid research and business acumen; our impeccable record of success comes from our intuition and innate understanding of people.
how we do it… again and again
If you are selling a business, you may:
- want to create liquidity and diversify your wealth
- need assistance in evaluating and negotiating offers
- need to shed non-core operations
If you are buying a business, you may:
- want to acquire a producer of products or services
- want to expand a subsidiary or platform company
- want to extend your geographic reach
Each year, about 300,000 U.S. businesses change ownership
Each year, about 300,000 U.S. businesses change ownership. No matter what kind of business you own, chances are good that there's an interested buyer. But finding the right buyer and selling the business on favorable terms require planning and hard work. Each year, many more businesses are for sale than actually sell.
Expanding your product lines, increasing your market share, boosting your financial position, providing stability for a more seasonal business or gaining important personnel talents are all strong reasons for buying.
Buying a business can be a key strategy for growth and can help you reach your business goals.
WHAT TO THINK ABOUT AS A SELLER
- are you ready to sell, emotionally and financially?
- is your company prepared for a sale?
- how do you set a price?
- how do you find potential buyers?
- how do you negotiate and prepare a sales agreement and other documents?
- how do you close the deal?
WHAT TO THINK ABOUT AS A BUYER
- is owning a business the right decision, right now?
- how do you find the right business for sale?
- how do you know whether the asking price is reasonable?
- how do you research the business's history and finances?
- how do you weight options?
- how do you negotiate?
To achieve success in such a venture requires planning and demands a large investment of your time and effort. BUT… NONE OF THIS IS EASY. This is where Plains America Capital Partners LLC is invaluable, in ways you may not even realize.
Markets We Serve
- BASIC INDUSTRIES including both branded and OEM
- GENERAL MANUFACTURING
- ENERGY SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGIES
- E&P IN FOCUSED GROWTH AREAS
- ENGINEERING AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- FOOD SERVICE
- RESTAURANT CHAINS
- CINEMA SERVICES
- CONSUMER PRODUCTS
- DIFFERENTIATED TECHNOLOGY including supply chain management
- SOFTWARE including branded internet retailers
- MEDICAL DEVICES AND SMALL PHARMA
- HOSPITAL SUPPLIES AND DISTRIBUTION
- FINANCIAL SERVICES
- SELF-STORAGE AND HOTEL GROUPS
- PUBLIC COMPANY DIVESTITURES